Some random thoughts that went through my head while watching Skating With Celebrities last night.
- Is that Bob Odenkirk (from Mr. Show) announcing? Oh no… it’s Scott Hamilton… and I think he’s doing an impression of Bob Odenkirk doing an impression of Scott Hamilton. My head already hurts.
- Critics, take note. Skating with Celebrities is nothing like American Idol. Yes, like AI there are 3 judges, and yes there’s a ditzy optimist sitting in the middle, and yes there’s a surly British guy…HOWEVER SwC has a gay dude instead of a black dude. THERE’S your diversity baby.
- My favorite team is the Dave Coulier – Nancy Kerrigan team. Do you think Nancy is just walking around after the show thinking, "Wait a minute. I won 2 Olympic gold medals. I was a national icon. I hosted Saturday Night Live. And the ‘celebrity’ I’m skating with is Uncle Joey from Full House??? What???"
- The theme of tonight’s episode is "The Decade of the 70′s." Coincidentally, that’s the last decade any of these people were actually considered celebrities. Zing!
- I bet this show is big in Canada. (I told you, random thoughts)
- Todd Bridges said he’ll do whatever he has to in order to win. Um… everybody be careful- this dude shot a drug dealer in ’89 after a 4-day coke binge. If he says he’ll do whatever it takes in order to win: duck!
- Everytime they say the words Jillian Barberie and "groin pull" I smile just a little.
- By appearing on the show,
DebbieDeborah Gibson has finally completed the Fallen Star Trilogy: Big in the 80′s—Playboy spread—bad reality TV show. We salute you DebbieDeborah. Tiffany has some catching up to do.