LISTEN UP: Your Daily Dose of the Best Music Ever
- Remember when Salt N Pepa’s Shoop made you think of, well, Salt n’ Pepa? Now all I can think about is Ellen DeGeneres and her uncomfortable dance in her 2003 HBO Special. Moistworks brings back the memories.
- New Orleans-born Idris Muhammed smokes The Power of Soul, a Jimi Hendrix tune revised for funk-jazz palate. (courtesy of diddywah)
- Stereogum is hosting some fun mash-ups that really work. Check out the Suzanne Vega/Dire Straights post-collaboration called Tom’s Investigators.
- LA band Modey Lemon is on the up and up with Bucket of Butterflies. Check out their site and their drunkenly artistic tour pictures.
- combo plates has a horn-y Morphine song called Cartoon Capers.