LISTEN UP: Your Daily Dose of the Best Music Ever
Gorilla vs. Bear seems to be as smitten with Princess Superstar as I am.
- American Drunkard has a really nice group of live Josh Rouse tracks – be sure to grab "Feeling No Pain" and "Dressed Up Like Nebraska".
- You Ain’t No Picasso gives us his Nonsense Syllable Mix with all the la la’s, woo hoo’s and ooh ooh ooh’s you can handle.
- Download an entire album from Memphis’ best kept secret – enigmatic singer/songwriter Harlan T. Bobo (then make sure to buy it when you realize how great it is).
- MOKB makes a nice find with a few tracks from interesting newcomers Hot Chip. Sounds sort of like a funkier, less techno version of The Postal Service.
- Fluxblog has a track that proves it’s possible to remix Radiohead without the result of sounding retarded.