Since it’s Oscar week, I thought you might like to learn a few things about the nominees for each category that they might not be so proud of. Today the category is Best Supporting Actor:
- First movie role was with Charlie Sheen in a movie that wasn’t released.
- Tried out for the Cincinnati Reds, but didn’t make it.
- Went to Northern Kentucky University, but didn’t graduate.
- Turned down the role of Richard in The Blue Lagoon.
- Failed to catch or even see a tarpon when he went tarpon fishing in Costa Rica.
- Patrick Swayze was unimpressed with him while they filmed The Outsiders.
- His father banned Pete Rose from professional baseball.
- Listed as a suggestion in the Worst Supporting Actor for the Razzies in 2003.
- Played a bum in a sleeping bag in an episode of NYPD Blue.
- Dropped out of Columbia University.
- Was set to play the lead in Spiderman 2 but Tobey Maguire decided to do it.
- Was a lifeguard and had to pee on the leg of a lady who had stung by a jellyfish.
- Was sued for palimony and child custody.
- Developed over the years a reputation for "temperament both on and off the set."
- Was a "little punk" (his words) as a kid.
So if your life isn’t going as you planned, cheer up! One day you might be nominated for an Oscar.