Yesterday we learned the dangers of talking bad about Joe Rogan on his MySpace page. But of course, Joe isn’t the first person to get dragged into a flame war, and I’ve collected five of my favorite online battles from the past:
- The Grungies This was an email exchange between Judd Apatow (Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared) and Mark Brazill (That ’70s Show). Brazill was angry about something to do with Topher Grace, but then he accuses Apatow of stealing one of his ideas. Best quote: Get cancer.
- The Bla Bla Bla: William Korman got angry at Dianna L. Abdala because she notified him by e-mail that she didn’t want to work for him. Her reason: ”The pay you are offering would neither fulfill me nor support the lifestyle I am living." Best quote: bla bla bla
- The Ham Sandwich Two secretaries lost their jobs because they got into an online fight about a ham sandwich. Best quote: Let’s not get person [sic] "Miss Can’t Keep A Boyfriend".
- The Fight Club Fight Someone on IMDB asked a question about Fight Club, spawning 85 days (300 posts) worth of fury. Best quote:
ANYONE BUT YOUR IDIOTIC SELF WOULD HAVE GONE, "OH NOW IT MAKES SENSE!!"
FROM MY INITAL POST, BUT BEING THE IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU DIDN’T GET IT
UNTIL IT WAS SPELLED OUT COMPLETE AND YELLED AT ME UNTIL I DID THAT FOR
YOU. A SS HOLE!!
- The Nerds I’ll let this guy explain: "This is only internet history for the few. if you love Joss Whedon, Warren Ellis, FireFly, or just comics in general you have to read this comment war between Joss and Warren. It has to be one of the most exciting things Iâ€™ve seen unfold before me I have ever witnessed." Best quote: I hear you left your wife for a younger, trophy Cromagnon.
If you know of any other good ones, please share.