- You can’t improve upon perfection, but you CAN combine two perfect things (like ice cream and apple pie). Musically, this is well illustrated by The Beachles, a decadent Pet Sounds/Sgt. Pepper mash-up upon which you can gorge your earbuds over at MOKB.
- Beck is one leaky scientologist these days, and a few of his Thetan-enhanced new tracks are up over at A Soundtrack For Everyone. So put down down your ritalin, pick up your iPod, and rock out all over the nearest couch.
- Lines Through Lines has a very important safety message from
Smokey theGrizzly Bear: only you can prevent crappy pop music.
- Because it’s never to early to spread holiday cheer, The Torture Garden has a track from Sufjan Stevens’ forthcoming Christmas album. Go stuff your stockings.
- The omnipotent musical god-heads over at Pitchfork have proclaimed their approval of an obscure band called Bobtail Yearlings, so it might be a good idea to head on over and start familiarizing yourself with your mandatory new favorite band.