- My Old Kentucky Blog features a ridiculously eclectic array of musicians covering The Beatles’ “Come Together,” from The Roots to Soundgarden to a duet with Robin Williams and Bobby McFerrin (no joke). Now, if only Dane Cook and Rockapella can get together to cover “All Along the Watchtower,” my life will be complete.
- Who’s this bizarre sounding indie band over at Speed Of Dark? Why, it’s just T. Rex, the guys who sang “Bang a Gong.” Who would’ve known the two 70s-est looking dudes ever could make such crazy, timeless music?
- The new Islands song is awesome, but complicated. I think it represents purgatory. Wait, what are we talking about? (Bibabidi)
- Free New Order for your 80s-themed office dance party! At your desk! With your headphones on! And not actually dancing! (Audio Deficit Disorder)
- Speaking of dancing, Purple Crush gives Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill” a successful club remix treatment. I kind of feel like a loser now for dancing to the old version. (Gorilla vs. Bear)
Dan Hopper is a BWE staff member and proprietor of the music blog Band Madness.