Well what do you know?! The National Enquirer was right: John Edwards has finally come forward to confess to cheating on his wife Elizabeth Edwards in 2006, with some blond lady named Rielle (pronounced Riley) Hunter. Hunter and Edwards apparently met in a bar in New York City, and she later produced videos for his campaign. Edwards spilled his shamed guts to ABC News last night, in an interview that conveniently aired at the same time as the Opening Ceremonies of the 2008 Olympics. Smart move, Johnny! We’ve rounded up the most pertinent deets in the scandal below. Enjoy.
- John Edwards has admitted to having an affair with Rielle Hunter, but says he did not father her child and wants to take a paternity test. We smell an Oprah ep!
- The former Sentator and VP nominee blamed the affair on his narcissism, and not on his perfectly coiffed hair.
- Also, he brings up John McCain cheating on his first wife. Democratic diss!
- Elizabeth Edwards has written a statement about her husband’s infidelities, because she is consistently awesome.
- John also revealed that his wife’s cancer was in remission when he cheated. An American hero, this guy!
- In a 2007 interview, his mistress calls working for Edwards life altering. We bet!
[Photo: Getty Images]