If you’re anything like me, you probably feel like it’s been far too long since those halcyon days leading up to the 2004 Oscars, during which time every magazine, TV show, radio broadcast and Bar Mitzvah featured Jamie Foxx campaigning to take home a trophy. I really miss that. Luckily, it looks like Foxx’s upcoming project The Soloist will bring with it the long-awaited return of the famed Jamie Foxx Oscar Lobby, because in it he portrays a schizophrenic homeless cello player who’s still amazing, if only his talent could be rediscovered by some well-meaning also down-on-his-luck journalist with the kind of charming personality that could lead to the unlikeliest of friendships (ironically played by Robert Downey Jr., whose last film lambasted actors for such shameless Oscar-baiting). Though The Soloist may have actually been the film they were making fun of in Tropic Thunder, because it’s basically a combination of Shine, Radio, Ray and Basquiat.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Set Photos: Hot Or Not? | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- 13 Freshest Celebrity Couples Of 2013 | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- Lindsay Lohan And Paris Hilton Feuding After Barron Hilton’s Attack | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainme
- Leaping Leotards! The Complete Photographic History Of The “Almost Vagina” | Celebrity Gossip + Ente
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity - Pa