If you’re anything like me, you probably feel like it’s been far too long since those halcyon days leading up to the 2004 Oscars, during which time every magazine, TV show, radio broadcast and Bar Mitzvah featured Jamie Foxx campaigning to take home a trophy. I really miss that. Luckily, it looks like Foxx’s upcoming project The Soloist will bring with it the long-awaited return of the famed Jamie Foxx Oscar Lobby, because in it he portrays a schizophrenic homeless cello player who’s still amazing, if only his talent could be rediscovered by some well-meaning also down-on-his-luck journalist with the kind of charming personality that could lead to the unlikeliest of friendships (ironically played by Robert Downey Jr., whose last film lambasted actors for such shameless Oscar-baiting). Though The Soloist may have actually been the film they were making fun of in Tropic Thunder, because it’s basically a combination of Shine, Radio, Ray and Basquiat.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Celebrity Vacations Winter 2014 | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- Gossip Table: Kimye Set Wedding Date! | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity - Pa
- A Guide To Celebrities Who've Been Managed By Their Parents | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News
- Which Celebrity Exes Are Still Friendly? | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity