So while President-elect Barack Obama gets to know the White House and fixes that pesky economy problem, a reporter over at the Telegraph compiled a list of “50 Facts You Might Not Know” about him. Turns out, Obama maybe the coolest uncool President we’ve ever had. Check it:
- Geek Check! Obama collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics. No word on whether he was as disappointed in Spiderman 3 as we were.
- Barack Obama was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his basketball skills. Umm, glad the McCain campaigners didn’t get a hold of this one earlier.
- Barack Obama has read all the Harry Potter books. Could explain his “Cloak Of Invisibility” Exit Strategy for Iraq.
- As a teen, Obama worked in a Baskin-Robbins. Now, he can’t stand ice cream. This is perhaps the only time we’re OK calling him Un-American.
- We knew we liked this guy … While on the campaign trail the future prez. refused to watch CNN and watched sports channels instead.
- Gun sales may be up since Obama’s election, but it looks like he’s got some guns of his own. Wait for it … He can bench press an impressive 200lbs. (insert Frat Boy humor here)
- Obama’s favorite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees. Ooh La La La.
- On their first date, Barack took Michelle to see the Spike Lee film Do The Right Thing.
- His favorite shows are Mash and The Wire. OMG! We love The Wire!
- Sorry, Lil’ Wayne but Obama hates the baggy-trouser, boxer-showin’ fashion trend.
Wanna know more? Click here for the complete list. — Evan G
[Photo: Getty Images]