This weekâ€™s show opened with the song â€œDaylightâ€ from Matt & Kimâ€™s new album Grand. â€œDaylightâ€ begins with Matt singing about cutting his pants into shorts and throwing his shoes into the ocean (which are both things I believe he does frequently) but also includes a bit of introspection. Weâ€™ve been listening to Matt & Kim for the past few years and itâ€™s fantastic to see how theyâ€™ve developed, yet maintained their strong sense of unbridled optimism and fun (check out “Yea Yeah” from their first album).
Matt & Kim does in fact consist of a dude named Matt and his girlfriend, Kim. On the album, they stick to their basics: Matt on the synth/keys, and Kim provides percussion but some of their songs shockingly cross the 3 minute mark. Besides â€œDaylightâ€, other standouts include â€œI Wannaâ€ (which does clock in at 1:38), â€œDonâ€™t Slow Down,â€ and â€œLessons Learnedâ€ (with Kim sharing vocal duties). They prove thereâ€™s definitely room for another guy/girl band to join your Mates of State/Rosebuds/Captain & Tennilles of the world.
You donâ€™t have to live in Brooklyn on Grand Street (which the album is named after) to enjoy this album, but I DO live on Grand Street and enjoy the album so eat it.
Watch the video for â€œDaylightâ€ after the jump:
Don’t forget, an all-new episode of Best Week Ever with Paul F. Tompkins airs tonight at 11 on VH1! We’ll help you sort through the ridiculous week in Reality Characters, from Tatiana del Toro to The Bachelor to Tatiana again to “O.J. Respectin'” Kanye West! Don’t miss it!
Meanwhile, in the webosphere:
- In honor of basically absorbing the entirety of Watchmen through the internet before seeing it, we compiled a list of 10 Movie Trailers That Gave Away The Entire Movie.
- Aww man, just when you thought this Chris Brown story couldn’t get any worse, poor manatees got involved.
- This list of the 25 Stupidest Outfits You Will Ever See is extremely accurately titled.
- Insane(ly awesome) Dutch Artist Levi van Veluw presents: How To Get A Head In The Art World.
- Tell us how you really feel about Jen Aniston, Life & Style Magazine. Also, did you hear that Brad Pitt is breaking up with her?
- Waaaaaitttt a minute, new Joshua Jackson movie — there’s no newspaper called “wellhung6969yeah“
- Whose personal items would you rather own, Gandhi’s or Michael Jackson’s? I guess it depends on whether you admire one of the most influential world figures ever to grace the earth, or if you admire Gandhi.
- I’ve always really wanted to smell Halle Berry. Smell like Halle Berry. I meant. What?
- A Broadway musical based on the movie Ghost? Can’t wait for the big titular number “Uh Oh, I’m Literally A Ghost Now!”
- And finally, this Arnold Schwarzenegger Robot Post might not qualify as one of our “Best,” but it made me laugh, dammit, so it’s going in this bullet point. Have a great weekend!
While some of you will opt to “exercise” or “do you taxes” or “just sit around” on Sunday night, instead, I will be tuned into my second favorite network (free VH1 plug? Check.) TLC, which has scheduled what just might be the best three hour block of television in the medium’s history:
That’s exactly 1000 pounds of people per hour. You just don’t see averages like that every day.
See you there, Half Ton People Marathon!
Here we go again! Just a year ago their divorce was being finalized but now Shanna Moakler says she and Travis Barker are tying the knot again.
“We would like to renew our vows and have another wedding,” Shanna says. “It’s not so much about the wedding but about having a celebration of each other and getting through all the crazy things we’ve been through.”
Last September Travis and pal DJ AM survived a fatal plane crash that left four dead. Shanna was spotted at the hospital at Travis’ side and the couple has been close ever since.
“When you almost lose a loved one, it makes you appreciate things you took for granted,” Shanna says. [Photo: Getty Images]
Oh Tatiana Del Toro. It’s been a bumpy ride since your inimitable (praise Jesus) American Idol debut a few weeks ago. From laughing like a whore in a nitrous oxide factory, to collapsing into a shame pile of tears on national television, to reinventing yourself as a person with a thick Spanish accent, to shanking Simon Cowell in the face with the heel of your Jessica Simpson pump (time TBD)… you might be insane, but you certainly kept America on the edge of their couch.
So here is to the death of your career, Tatiana. (Raises glass) Please don’t let the Paula’s of the world convince you to keep trying. What to do now, then? Just put the above picture in your wallet and introduce yourself to new people as Mrs. Seacrest. You’ll be fine. We’ll gratefully miss you.
We’ll bring you our AI Top 13 Predictions next week.
Football flash in the pan turned b-movie actor Brian “The Boz” Bosworth is out on $5,000 bail following a DUI arrest. According to TMZ, Bosworth’s motorcycle was pulled over around 3am when police noticed he didn’t have a license plate. Refusing to take a breathalyzer, he was arrested on suspicion of driving drunk.
Bosworth first gained infamy as a linebacker for the University of Oklahoma Sooners, when he unveiled a “National Communists Against Athletes” t-shirt during the 1987 Orange Bowl (he was kept out of the game due to steroid use). Despite signing the largest rookie contract ever with the Seattle Seahawks later that year, he only lasted until 1989. In 1991, he starred in the box office flop Stone Cold (underrated!) and has continued to work in low-budget action films and make celebrity appearances.
Nothing more really needs to be said.
We bring you yet another post about Lindsay Lohan looking too skinny sporting mysterious cuts on her wrist. Is she a cutter? Did she go wild with the wine opener and things got out of hand? Did she draw on her wrist with lip liner to make us all suspicious and keep her in the public eye?
Really, it doesn’t matter what happened, as long as we keep talking about her. Right, Linds? [Photo: Splash News Online]
In today’s Spotted, we have a The City star hanging on a different coast and an Oscar winner on a Southwest flight. See who Scandalist spotted and contribute your own celebrity sightings by e-mailing us here.