You know you’ve arrived on the diva scene when you score a decked out abode to match your massive career. We’ve lined up ten of the most monstrous mansions belonging to music’s biggest lady stars for your viewing pleasure below. Go on, take a look inside. Just don’t forget to bring along a divalicious housewarming gift.
Craving more from your favorite divas? Check out the official Divas site and be sure to tune in to “VH1 Divas,” which will air live on VH1 on Sept. 17 at 9PM EST.
1. Mary J. Blige grew up in a Yonkers housing project, but after selling 50 million records world-wide she moved just a few miles away, across the Hudson to the leafy locale of Saddle River, New Jersey. Her manse cost her $12.3 million, and inside it she likes to dance to classic Aretha Franklin records. [Photo: NY Daily News]
2. OneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s privacy must be maintained, but itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not every celeb that chooses to live on a Canadian island. Celine Dion is such a creature, though. She has homes around the world, but when in Quebec her posh hideaway is a rebuilt castle outside of Montreal. [Photo: Entertainment Journal]
3. CelineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not the only one with an island fetish. Mariah Carey picked up a gorgeous abode in the Bahamas, and itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s been good luck. After all, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s where her ultra posh wedding to Nick Cannon took place. Call it Veranda City Ã¢â‚¬â€œ open air rooms abound. [Photo: Splash News Online]
4. The strip malls and suburbs of Orange County are far behind Gwen Stefani. When youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re a hollaback girl, you can lay claim to any property you like. The sexy singer and hubby Gavin Rossdale have the surroundings they need at their Beverly Hills base, which once belonged to Jennifer Lopez. [Photo: Splash News Online]
5. Whitney Houston spends most of her time these days in the studio focusing on her comeback, but the crib the former Jersey girl picked up when she and former husband Bobby Brown became residents of an exclusive Atlanta neighborhood is pretty sweet. The luxury community is deemed the Country Club of the South. [Photo: Splash News Online]
6. The stellar spread that Gloria Estefan has enjoyed for the last two decades is on an Aquatic Preserve in Miami, and has boasted such VIP neighbors as Diddy and Rosie OÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Donnell. Since it has 11 bathrooms, there was no need for anyone to wait when Jennifer Aniston took up residence during her Marley and Me filming. [Photo: Splash News Online]
7. Guy is gone, merry old England is looking musty, and Palm Beach beckons. Yep, it’s time for a holiday. Madonna‘s South Florida rental mansion is a jewel. SheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s close to her equestrian joys, living adjacent to a polo club. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know whoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be doing the cooking in the outdoor kitchen, but we do believe the dinners will taste just fine. [Photo: Splash News Online]
8. Oh, if only walls could talk. Then weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d find out something about the action that takes place in Chateau Suenos, Britney Spears‘ Casa of Dreams that sits in Calabasas, the same California town the krazy Kardashians live in. It might have set Brit back $9 million or so, but it was probably worth it. [Photo: Splash News Online]
9. Christina AguileraÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Beverly Hills mansion, once home to Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, has everything the diva could possibly need right on-site. That suits the new mom, who has a studio in the backyard and says she pads to the control booth in flip-flops and sweatpants whenever sheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s in work mode. No wonder the paparazzi complain because she doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t come out anymore.
10. It may be mere yards from the Pacific Coast Highway, but Cher‘s Malibu compound is lacking little in the privacy realm. Ditto for the posh realm. Fan sites regularly gush about the blend of extravagance and taste their hero has brought to her abode, which is allegedly on the market for $41 million. [Photo: Splash News Online]
Be sure to watch Ã¢â‚¬Å“VH1 Divas,Ã¢â‚¬Â which will air live on Sept. 17 at 9PM EST. Until then, get your divas fix by visiting the official Divas site, following the VH1 Divas Twitter and watching videos by the artists in the lineup. Plus, leave a testimonial for one of the divas at divastories.vh1.com.
Get a closer look at the diva mansions below.