It’s funny, usually the person most likely to make us smack our forehead and scream at the TV while we’re watching The View is Elisabeth Hasselbeck, but Whoopi Goldberg, of all people, is starting to take her place as the person who says the dumbest things these days. Yesterday, Whoopi chose to defend Mel Gibson who, if you’ve heard his rants toward Oksana Grigorieva, does not deserve any sort of defense at all. “Having spent time with him in my house, with my kids, I can’t say he’s a racist. I don’t like what he’s done, make no mistake,” Whoopi told her co-hosts, and then said that alcohol makes people say stupid things, but then after that, she says she doesn’t think Mel was drunk while he was making all his racist, threatening statements. So…you figure out that logic, folks. Whether he was a charming houseguest or not, it’s pretty hard for us to imagine anyone who could forgive Mel for his crazy breakdown. Scarier still is how much we agree with Joy Behar these days.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- 10 Celebs Married To Ordinary People | VH1 Celebrity
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | VH1 Celebrity
- The 20 Biggest Summer Blockbusters Of All Time | VH1 Celebrity
- 25 Celebrities Flaunting Their Summer Looks | VH1 Celebrity
- VH1 Celebrity | Celebrity News + Gossip + Best Week Ever + Style + Photos