We know how you feel, Mr. President.
Barack Obama will be a guest on The View this Wednesday and in doing so, he’ll be the first sitting President to appear on a daytime talk show. The show is doing a series called “Red, White & View” where prominent U.S. politicians visit the ladies to discuss, you know, issues. The women of The View have diverse opinions and have had no trouble making things uncomfortable for everyone involved even when there are no guests on the show, so it’s brave of the President to walk straight into this den of crazy, shrill lions. It should make for interesting television for sure. (We wonder if Elisabeth Hasselbeck will actually ask him tough questions, or if she considers that unpatriotic.) Having to sit and fake your way through an “intelligent” conversation with Elisabeth, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters and Sherri Shepherd doesn’t appeal to us and we think maybe Obama might be cringing about it too, so here’s a list of things we think Obama would rather be doing besides sitting in The Hot Seat:
10. Trading pickup lines with Mel Gibson.
9. Letting Betty Draper from Mad Men babysit Sasha and Malia.
8. Pardoning LiLo from her jail sentence.
7. Collecting a jar full of Glenn Beck‘s tears.
6. Having a no-talking contest with Joe Biden.
5. Watching every episode of Sherri on Lifetime.
4. Picking up Bo Obama‘s poop from the White House lawn.
3. Officiating at Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston‘s wedding.
2. Trying to create a miniature version of Aretha Franklin‘s inauguration hat out of modeling clay and Bedazzler beads.
1. Having a karaoke party with Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, Joe the Plumber and Ann Coulter, where the only song you’re allowed to sing is Ke$ha‘s “Blah Blah Blah.”
[Photo: Getty Images]