- The Case: The Material Girl’s fashion line Material Girl is being sued for…material.
- The Perp: Madonna, or Madge (her English grandma avatar). Lourdes Leon (the face/”designer” of the the Madonna-helmed fashion line), not so much. Oh the joys of being a minor!
- The Prosecutor: L.A Triumph (a fashion company). They want the singer to cough up all the moolah she’s made from the collection (as if).
- The Reason: L.A Triumph claims that Madonna nicked “Material Girl” from them, because they’ve been using the branding since 1997.
- The Damning Quote: L.A Triumph claim they will triumph because “… Madonna and her newfound company do not have the right to trade in the same space under this brand.”
- The Probable Outcome: Madonna will smoke you. Because that’s what she does.
[Photo: Getty Images]