A neighbor who lives near the apartment Dan was staying in told Radar Online “They (Dan and his friends) had been partying, and we were woken up with the girl screaming. She came running out to the front garden of their apartment and some people went out to help her. The paramedics were called, but he was found dead surrounded by needles and syringes.” E! News is also reporting that the L.A. Coroner’s Office stated that his case “was initially reported to us as a possible overdose.”
The official cause of death won’t be confirmed until toxicology reports are complete.