rnrnWe’ve got some sad news to pass along during this otherwise joyous season. The musician Teena Marie, who was famously dubbed “The Ivory Queen of Soul,” passed away yesterday. The cause of death is not yet known, but TMZ is reporting that Marie may have suffered a grand mal seizure during an afternoon nap on Boxing Day. Marie rose to prominence during the late seventies and early eighties, thanks in large part to her connection to Rick “Superfreak” James. She experienced her biggest success in 1984 with her hit “Lovergirl,” which rose to #4 on the Billboard charts. In a strange twist, one of her final tweets contained a quote from an old Sarah Vaughan lyric, “May you never grow old, and may I never die.” She was 54 years-old.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Worst Celebrity Tweets Of 2013: Amanda Bynes, Kanye West, More | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment Ne
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity - Pa
- The 15 Most Epic Celebrity Meltdowns Of 2013 | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- Hanukkah Hotties: 20 Famous Jews We'd Invite Over For Latkes | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News
- Bruce Jenner Planning Tell-All Revenge | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity