Nicki Minaj admitted she was “in talks” to join Britney Spears‘ Femme Fatale tour, and TMZ “confirmed” the news Monday, but the ladies didn’t make a statement until today, followed with a series of predictably winky tweets.
- Britney: “Could not think of a sexier Femme Fatale than [Nicki] to come on tour with me! Gonna be a hot summer people!”
- Nicki: “Hot INDEED Your Fierceness!!! This tour’s gonna KICK ASS!!! The #FemmeFataleBARBZ r READY!!! Let’s GO!!!”
- Britney: “The #FemmeFataleBARBZ wont know what hit em. Ready or not people, here we come….”
- Nicki: “Yup! and let’s keep the “other thing” a secret for now…”
- Britney: “All good things to those who wait….”
Does anyone else have “Me Against The Music” stuck in their head after reading that? Nicki won’t be the only opener on the tour—the Australian sisters known as NERVO (who’ve previously written with Ke$ha and Alison Iraheta) and Jessie And The Toyboys (whose single “Trash Me” was rumored to be ripped off by Brit’s “If You Seek Amy”) will warm up the crowd first. Good thing: going from zero to Nicki could cause whiplash!
See photos of all four Femme Fatale acts in the gallery below. Enrique Iglesias really would have been the odd man out.
[Photos: Splash News Online/Getty Images]