A lot of people are up in arms about Rihanna’s “Man Down” video, though we’re guessing most of them haven’t actually lived through such a harrowing ordeal themselves. Actress Gabrielle Union supports Rihanna’s “Man Down” video, however, in large part because it’s, well, pretty true-to-life. Tweeted Union, “Every victim/survivor of rape is unique, including how they THINK they’d like justice 2 be handed out,” giving Rihanna props by saying, “#mandown video did a GREAT job of getting the ENTIRE world TALKING abt RAPE. I hope tht it leads 2 HEALING & PREVENTS RAPE.” Gabrielle later went on to explain that, as in the video, she tried to shoot the rapist who attacked her when she was 19. “Stranger who robbed the store I worked at. He put his gun dwn durin the rape & asked me 2 had it 2 him,” Union tweeted to an inquiring fan, linking to an Oprah sexual assault survivor show she did in 2009. Call us crazy, but we’re probably going to go with the opinion of someone who actually lived the video, rather than everyone else who just watched it.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Great Expectations: 25 Famous Pregnant Celebrities | VH1 Celebrity
- Amanda Bynes Arrested For Throwing Bong Out Window | VH1 Celebrity
- Kim Kardashian’s Maternity Style Evolution: Kiki, or Heather Locklear on Melrose Place? – | VH1 Cele
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | VH1 Celebrity
- The Ultimate Fast & Furious Character Guide – | VH1 Celebrity