If Rebecca Black were a cute male hipster beach bum, would she be Yung Jake? What is this guy’s music video for “It’s Alright,” in which he video chats with an indifferent chick and then seemingly pines after her on the beach and maybe at a candy store? In watching this video several times, I’ve come to several possible conclusions:
- “It’s Alright” is a tongue-in-cheek, internet savvy comedything (a la Das Racist and Odd Future) that could only exist in the age of constant overcommunication
- “It’s Alright” is a weirdly misdirected attempt at humor, resulting in something neither funny nor compelling
- “It’s Alright” is compelling, but I honestly don’t know why
- Maybe because Yung Jake is pretty cute?
- I’m having a stroke while blogging
Hats of to this guy, Yung Jake. With a YouTube channel and a personal blog, he’s managed to confuse me so much that I need to cleanse the palette with a puppy-eating-a-cucumber video. Internet, you can be so cruel.