Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are teaming up once again, and not just in our dreams where we revert to our inner boy-crazy eighth graders. Reuniting for their first joint venture since Good Will Hunting, Affleck and Damon will partner up for a biopic of recently captured crime boss Whitey Bulger. The two will direct and star, respectively. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Matt and I have been looking for something to do together for some time. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve heard about Whitey Bulger since we were kids, and we are excited by the prospect of putting it on screen,Ã¢â‚¬Â Affleck said, according to Deadline. Based on our Matt Damon And Ben Affleck: BFFs Forever time line, these two were due for a new project to further their fourteen-year professional history together. On top of that, squee!
- 1997: Matt and Ben clean up at the 1998 Oscars with Good Will Hunting, snagging a Best Original Screenplay Oscar for themselves, a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Robin Williams and seven other nominations for pretty much every other category.
- 1999: Matt and Ben wreak some havoc as fallen angels in Kevin Smith’s Dogma.
- 2001 to 2005: Matt and Ben team up with other directors and writers for HBO’s Project Greenlight, a contest and TV series dedicated to producing one film from one first-time filmmaker per season.
- 2003 and 2004: With the help of Matt, Ben makes it through the release of Gigli and Jersey Girl, as well as the cultural phenomenon that was Bennifer.
- 2010: Ben presented the award to honoree Matt at last year’s American Cinematheque 24th Annual Award Presentation.
[Photo: /Getty Images]