Whether you were a kid who would have gladly suffered a million bee stings to date Veda Sultenfuss, or wished that you too could live in a funeral home and have Jamie Lee Curtis as your stepmom, it’s probably a relief to see My Girl star Anna Chlumsky looking hot and happy on the red carpet of The Iron Lady premiere in New York last night. A child actor who didn’t end up rehab or taking off her underwear for money calls for a nostalgia celebration! So what’s Anna been up to since My Girl 2, the film’s almost as satisfying sequel? Since we last saw her sobbing over her mood ring, Chlumsky:
- Attended University of Chicago and graduated with a BA in International Studies in 2002. Meanwhile, she didn’t do any screen work between 1998 and 2005.
- Worked at Harper Collins as an editorial assistant of a sci-fi imprint before returning to her true calling: acting whilst having flawless skin.
- Over the last six years has cameoed on shows ranging from Law & Order to Covert Affairs to White Collar.
- Was the female lead in the 2007 comedy horror movie Blood Car, which IMDB describes thusly: “In the near future, gas prices are at an astronomical high. One man is determined to find an alternate fuel source. That alternate fuel source turns out to be blood…HUMAN BLOOD.” Amazing.
- Guest starred in March 2007 as “Liz Limler” in the 30 Rock ep “The Fighting Irish.”
- Co-starred along side James Gandolfini in the 2009 British political satire In the Loop.
- Married to lucky bastard/fiance Shaun Sho on March 8, 2008.
- Will star as the vice president’s chief of staff in the upcoming political comedy series Veep in 2012.
[Photo: Getty Images/]