The People have spoken. They apparently like Supernatural more than The Vampire Diaries, but we’ll forgive them for that, because they made some other good choices that wound up giving us a pretty cute People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday night. Like any awards show, there was singing, dancing and overly scripted jokes. Also there were kisses and giggles and sweet thank yous. We thought we’d highlight a few of our faves:
10. We saw Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence bonding backstage with co-star Liam Hemsworth’s gf Miley Cyrus. Good thing they get along nicely!
9. Emma Stone, daring to be different in her awesome green tux jacket, managed to make a clichéd message sound sweet: ” You have to stay true to yourself and don’t be afraid even if people say what you do isn’t cool.”
8. Paul Wesley called Ian Somerhalder “Smolderholder” as he opened the envelope for the Favorite Comedy Movie award.
7. Lea Michele pointed out her cousin in the audience WHO LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE LEA MICHELE.
6. Ian Somerhalder was sitting next to Nina Dobrev when she won Favorite TV Drama Actress, but he tweeted her anyway: Congratulations Nina!!! You won!!!! People DO like you;) You rock babe, truly.”
5. Chloe Moretz realized she’s too young to really say “when I was a kid” and then she ended her speech like she was on the phone with all of us, “All right, bye.” Bye, Chloe, see you soon!
4. Demi Lovato, who sang the crap out of her “Give Your Heart a Break” on what looked like a cheered up version of Kanye West’s set from the 2010 VMAs, was suitably breathless but totally gracious when she had to accept an award, like, 2 seconds after singing her last note.
3. “Cool beans,” was Neil Patrick Harris’ reaction to winning Favorite TV Comedy Actor. Then he cracked a joke about his twins sleeping in the limo in the parking lot.
2. Judd Apatow and his Bridesmaids broke out into “Hold On” while accepting Favorite Comedy Movie.
1. We’d never hear the end of it if we didn’t pick newly buzzed Robert Pattinson chatting up Betty White in the front row, would we?
What do you think was the cutest moment of the PCAs?
Related: The 7 Worst-Dressed At The People’s Choice Awards (Sorry!!!)
10 Best-Dressed At The People’s Choice Awards
Ian Somerhalder And Nina Dobrev: The Cutest Couple At The People’s Choice Awards
So, What Do We Think Of Robert Pattinson’s Hair?
[Photo: Getty Images]