Oscar nominations are in for the 2012 Academy Awards, which means it’s time to celebrate a job well done! Whether it’s with breakfast foods, low-cut gowns or just a deep abiding love for Ryan Gosling, check out what our future Oscar winners (and losers!) have to squee about their nominations:
- “It’s gonna be pancakes for everyone this morning!” Best Actor nominee Brad Pitt squealed to the Today show this morning. The Moneyball star also gave a shout-out to his direct competitor George Clooney, because Brad Pitt is nothing if not a class act. “It’s more fun to have a friend there, and no one does it better than George,” Pitt gushed about The Descendants star. “I say give him all the trophies, and when you run out of trophies, make some new ones and give him those, too.”
- ”I didn’t get up or anything. I just did not expect that. AT ALL! Hopefully I’m not nuts.” Best Supporting Actress nominee Melissa McCarthy raved to EW. The Bridesmaids star excitedly concluded, “At some point today, I’m having champagne, dammit!”
- “I didn’t think I was in it and then they said my name and it was just a sigh of relief,” Best Support Actress nominee Octavia Spencer sighed to People. Luckily The Help star has a few weeks before the Oscars to focus on the bigger picture, i.e. how her girls will look on the red carpet. “It’s just about accentuating the positives and blurring the negatives,” Spencer declared. “I want to accentuate the positive which would be cleavage – even though it’s saggy cleavage, it’s cleavage! – and give myself an hourglass.”
- “I am so humbled, appreciative and in shock about this incredible honor,” Best Supporting Actor nominee Jonah Hill explained in a statement, before adding on Twitter, “Wow. Pretty incredible day so far.”
- “This role has been the challenge and privilege of a lifetime,” Best Actress nominee for My Week With Marilyn Michelle Williams said in a statement. “I would like to think that the recognition our film has received by the Academy is a testament to Marilyn’s legacy.”
- “It’s a shot in the arm for a young kid of 82 to receive an Academy Award nomination this morning.,” Beginners star and Best Supporting Actor Christopher Plummer joked in a statement.
- “I’ve seen a great many of them. Some are nominated, and some are not. I’m a George Clooney fan,” Best Actor nominee and Tinker Tailor Solider Spy star Gary Oldman told the L.A. Times. “And I love Brad Pitt. I love Ryan Gosling.” Huh, who knew Gary Oldman was also such a class act? And that he loved Ryan Gosling just as much as we do?
[Photo: Getty Images]