This is Beth. Beth lives in Toronto, Canada, and when she’s not teaching or life coaching, she likes to make internet videos of herself hysterically laughing and post them on her blog, Laugh Practice. Beth is a firm believer that laughter is the best medicine, and there’s no subject too serious for a quick bout of laughter: From grading papers to Hurrican Katrina, preeeetttty sure Beth has all her bases covered.
The videos, sent to me by comedian Joe Mande who watched them all before bedtime, are a MOMA-worthy journey into the mind of a woman who just wants to watch you while you sleep. Nearly every laugh is represented below: Ice Cube Laugh, German Laugh, Las Vegas Laugh, Pencils Laugh, Katrina Laugh (exactly what you think of it), no “Leaf Laugh” is left unlaughed.
As I myself have watched every single one of Beth’s laughs, I highly recommend you do the same. Mind you, I hae watched all of these videos at full volume, and no, my neighbors never went quite so far as to call the police. Insert Confusing Explanation To Officer Laugh here!
And now, let’s get started on this journey together. The 36 Laughs Of Beth, Professional Laughing Expert:
36. Leaf Laugh: This is the leaf. And this is the laugh.
35. Katrina Laugh: Her thoughts and prayers and hysterical laughter are with everyone who was devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
34. Animal Laugh: As someone with a “monkey laugh,” I found this one a bit difficult to watch. Also she’s right: Cats don’t laugh. Also the horse neigh thrown in there made me sh*t myself.
33. Weather Laugh: It’s raining cats and LOLs by Beth’s house.
32. Meditation Laugh: Clear your mind and then fill it up again with NITROUS OXIDE.
31. Traffic Laugh: This is actually a pretty solid impression of me in LA traffic.
30. Thornhill Laugh: Ohh, laughing while on the move! This laugh gets real classy around :36.
29. TGIF Laugh: Looks like somebody had one too many Oreo Speedwagon’s for lunch. (Beth.)
28. Solitary Laugh: An interesting title, as Beth is pretty much solitary in all but one video. How is this one going to be different from the rest? She debuts the tiniest microphone at around 1:18.
27. Resonating Laugh: Those of you watching this in your home theater will love this one.
26. Quiet Laugh: What you hear right before the knife gets you.
25. Pirate Laugh: Major props for this vid.
24. Phone Laugh: She loves it when you call her while she’s recording a laugh. She really does.
23. Pencils Laugh: You won’t be able to erase this laugh from your memory any time soon.
22. Parking Lot Laugh: She’s waiting for you. Outside of Target. Outside of your job. In her van. Just laughing.
21. Monday Laugh: Ohhh a new angle.
20. Marking Laugh: What all your teachers do while reading your work.
19. Lunch Laugh: She even subjects her friends to this method. Not to mention the waiter.
18. Laugh1 Laugh: Needs no introduction. Just a kick ass button down.
17. Las Vegas Laugh: It’s been a while. I think she went to Vegas? Just imagine this woman next to you at the Craps table.
16. Sad Laugh: Beth heard some bad news in church today… so she really had no choice but to laugh hysterically about it while still in the church parking lot.
15. Ice Cube Laugh: She imagines someone dropping an ice cube down her back. This one is physically uncomfortable to watch.
14. Haircut Laugh: She gets her hair styled at SuperLOZ.
13. Webcam Laugh: She’s got a round ball webcam and a round ball face. Videos like this make me love Beth, while also making cartoon bone shaking sounds out of terror.
12. Tornado Laugh: At over 7 minutes, you might think you’ll see Beth laughing while actually inside the funnel cloud. But that’s the real “twister” in this video, as Beth never once laughs. Guess it’s not so funny when it’s outside your doorstep, eh Katrina?
11. Green Laugh: This Youtube commenter nails it: “i think she smoked something GREEN before this video.”
10. Gray Laugh: Or, as I prefer to call it, A Gandalf The Gray Laugh.
9. German Laugh: I actually think Germans could learn something from this video.
8. Fruitcake Laugh: The exact reaction you should have when receiving a fruitcake.
7. Fake Laugh: Her eyes never lie.
6. Exams Laugh: The lighting in this one is particularly haunting.
5. Crazy Laugh: Spoiler Alert… it’s exactly like all her other laughs.
4. Coach Laugh: A commenter made this woman’s laugh her ringtone. How do I do this?
3. Casual Laugh: You could totally wear this laugh to work on Friday.
2. Buzz Laugh: Another one to haunt your waking life with.
1. Gibberish Laugh: We’ll leave you with this, her “Gibberish Laugh,” which is more of a LOLtergeist.
How do you feel after watching these laugh? I’m somewhere between Green Laugh and Exam Laugh myself.