We’re not sure how to feel about the reports that Bobbi Kristina Brown and Nick Gordon, the 22-year-old Whitney Houston had taken in and called “god-son” since he was 12, have become something more than brother and sister. Since they’re not related, we shouldn’t care, right? But still, they grew up that way, and it must be confusing emotionally for both, especially as they mourn the loss of Whitney. Nick and Bobbi Kristina themselves seem to be flip-flopping on the issue.
Here’s what we know:
- Whitney took Nick in 10 years ago, when his mother was unable to take care of him (we don’t know why, exactly). She never officially adopted him, but she considered him a son, Whitney’s brother, Michael Houston, told ABC News.
- Back in November, Bobbi Kristina tweeted about “sleeping” with her “big brudder.” Which kind of sleeping?
- HollywoodLife.com reported last week that Bobbi Kristina and Nick were spotted kissing each other at a Target.
- Grandma Cissy Houston is not a fan of their relationship, per TMZ. She’s tried to boot him out of Whit’s Atlanta home, and “a close friend” reportedly told the site that Cissy said, “What they’re doing is incestuous.”
- Though pics up on TMZ show the two holding hands and maybe kissing out on the street as they pick up a pizza, we think the video taken shows things to be not quite so clear cut. Yes they are holding hands, but they look to be talking closely rather than kissing (their faces are obscured and close together for much less time than a frozen photo makes it appear).
- Nick tweeted, “Yea we got a little closer and what!!!…All the haters that dont know us or th real story can’t un follow me. I don’t give a f–k,” but now all but two of his tweets have been deleted. Then he told ABC News “We’re just close — just going through her mom’s passing and grieving together.”
- Bobbi Kristina has been retweeting supportive messages from her fans, such as: “@ndgordon media sayin its wrong what u & @REALbkBrown are doing but u 2 not even blood related soo they gettin upset 4 no reason #dumbasses.” So that’s neither a confirmation nor a denial.
Well, what do you folks think? Is Nick taking advantage of a vulnerable girl who just lost her mom? Were they obviously together before Whitney’s death? Is it none of our business? Tell us in the comments below!