Every year, Time does a pretty decent job combining pop culture personalities with businesspeople and super important political types for their 100 Most Influential People list, and this year is no exception. We’ll let you read about Hillary Clinton and Anthony Kennedy on your own time. We’re going to recap the people on the list who have some pretty hefty influence on these very blog pages. Here’s how they rank — in our expert opinion of ourselves — and why:
22. Tim Cook: For being Steve Jobs’ successor as CEO of Apple, from whom we will be buying lots of things until the end of time, even though we are still PC people.
21. Marc Andreessen: For being the co-creator of the first widely used web browser (Mosaic), who now owns part of, like every social media platform we use. So, thanks!
20. Walter Isaacson: One more geeky entry here for the Steve Jobs biography, since every other person we know has been reading it.
19. Louis C.K.: For being one of the most consistently funny people on TV and Web ever.
18. Jeremy Lin: Not necessarily for what he’s done for the Knicks as much as for what he’s done for punny headlines and tweets.
17. Raphael Saadiq: For making old-school soul so now.
16. Tim Tebow: For being the suspected football boyfriend of every “good” girl in Hollywood. And maybe now New York, too?
15. Sarah Burton: For designing the year’s most-viewed wedding gown, Kate Middleton’s, which has no doubt inspired a lot of brides and would-be brides.
14. Tilda Swinton: For her red-carpet style as much as her performances onscreen.
13. Chelsea Handler: For her dry wit as much as her raunchy jokes.
11. Matt Lauer: For interviews that made us believe in Lindsay Lohan, cry for Christie Brinkley and blush for Zac Efron.
10. Sara Blakely: The inventor of Spanks. Enough said.
9. Claire Danes: For being one of the 10 Brainiest Beauties on TV, and always, always, always for Angela Chase.
8. Stephen Colbert: For the same reason Garry Trudeau said in Time: “On The Colbert Report, every day is Opposite Day.
7. Jessica Chastain: For blowing us away in a million movies and another million red carpets last year.
6. Viola Davis: For making us cry at awards shows and wowing us with that Oscar dress.
5. Harvey Weinstein: For so many movies, but mostly for bringing Uggie to us.
4. Adele: For being the soundtrack to the past 14 months.
3. E.L. James: For bringing fan fiction and erotica out in the open. For making us want to refer to 50 Shades of Grey in every post.
2. Kristen Wiig: For every single SNL character, every single laugh in Bridesmaids, and for holding on for one more day.
1. Rihanna: For the photos, the tweets, the hairstyles, the magazine covers, the ads, the rumors and, oh yeah, the music.
[Photos: Facebook, Knopf Doubleday, Getty Images]