FHM HAS SPOKEN! The British mag spent the last year looking critically at every single woman on earth and, after doing so, deemed British celeb Tulisa Contostavlos the Sexiest Woman on Earth. Better luck next year, all other females on the planet! The actress, X Factor judge and singer-songwriter (formerly of the group N-Dubz) is a bonafide It Girl in the U.K., but the question in our mind is…can she cut in America? So, of course, we wanted to see how the new sexiest woman in the world compared to British crossover stars…or wannabe crossovers. So how does Tulisa stack up with others who have tried to make it big across the pond? She already has her own perfume line, which is a good start at least…
- Cheryl Cole: Considering how huge Cole is in the U.K., it’s no wonder Simon Cowell kept trying to make her happen here, bringing her on for a judge’s spot on the American version of The X Factor last year…before kicking her off. Seeing how jazzed people seem to be about her new video for “Call My Name,” however, we’re pretty sure Cheryl is in this to win this. Our conclusion: Even if you don’t make the transition the first time, Tulisa, there might always be success further on down the line. Or at least another fragrance.
- Jessie J: Even though her leg was broken for what seemed like eons, the Gaga-esque pop star was everywhere in America this past fall, including the VMAs and in our ear holes with “Domino.” Our conclusion: Leg braces? Kind of a hot look. Something to think about, Tuls.
- Kelly Brook: Despite being smoking hot, the British actress pretty much topped out in America with a completely nude turn in 2010′s horror movie Piranha. Our conclusion: Well, Piranha was a pretty solid movie, Tulisa. Fame doesn’t last; art does.
- Adele: The singer killed it in the U.S. with both her first and second albums, thanks in part to a well-received performance on SNL in 2008. Our conclusion: This isn’t shooting for the moon; this is shooting for a hole in one on the moon. There is but one Adele.
- The Saturdays: The British girl group is big in the U.K., and just signed on to do a reality show in America on E! this year. Our conclusion: Yeah…do a reality show. That’s probably your best bet.
Only time will tell if Tulisa will be embraced in the U.S., but we think she’s the kind of celebrity the American public will rally around. On a completely and utterly unrelated note, Tulisa Contostavlos’ sex tape, anyone?