Courtney Love is not a foodie, you guys. She might be a rock star, a foodie, a Twitter troll and a questionably fit mother, but she is not the kind of person who is going to lie about how much potato salad she eats. “I’m not a foodie,” Love told Grub Street while writing her fascinating food diary for the site. “But I am a foodie.” The whole thing is insane/worth a read, but because we love you and value your time, we plucked the five most tender, succulent tidbits for your enjoyment. On a related note, no wonder Frances Bean is now in charge of the money earned by Kurt Cobain‘s publicity rights. Dean & Deluca pot pies every day would really add up! Boy, if we were rich…we would probably eat the exact same things.
- Courtney starts her day with breakfast, just like everyone else: “Every day I have my house manager, Hershey — who I stole from the Mercer Hotel with André Balazs‘s blessing — wake me up with a hot washcloth for my face, a leg rub, and a plate of toast soldiers.”
- Courtney learned everything know knows about baked goods from a dear friend: “One thing from living next to Paris Hilton in L.A. … she always had a fresh cake in her house. So I make sure someone gets a full, fresh new one every day, like marzipan. My house manager tries to put it in the fridge, but I don’t like refrigeration.”
- Courtney’s sugar cravings take a village: “When I lived at the Mercer Hotel, they literally called an admin meeting on how to make the perfect warm sugar cookie for me in the middle of the night.”
- Courtney is not a huge fan of chocolate: “I hate chocolate. F— chocolate. Kurt hated chocolate, too — that was one of the things we had in common. Chocolate makes it all too easy. Oooh. Woww. Chocolate. Oooh. Yum. F— that.”
- Rich people have secret awesome booze that none of us will ever, ever get to drink: “I’m not a big drinker, but Bono once gave me a bottle of Pétrus in France. It gets you so stoned in a really opiated way, like you’d just taken a Vicodin. A month later I found out it cost $12K! But before that, I was like, “Dude, they should get that to the junkies!”"
[Photo: Getty Images]