The Gangster Squad‘s IMDB page says that the movie is “A chronicle of the LAPD’s fight to keep East Coast Mafia types out of Los Angeles in the 1940s and 50s.” What they don’t add, and what the trailer reveals, is just how loud, violent and big the movie is. You know what we mean? Big noises. Big dialogue. Big actors. We’re talking Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Nick Nolte, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. We also did a jig when we saw the latter two reunited, although this movie is nothing like Crazy, Stupid, Love. Gosling does get the best lines of the trailer, though. It actually may be the best line of the whole film. When a deliciously vintage looking (and, yay, redhead again) Emma, playing a gangster’s moll, asks him, “Wanna take me away from all this?” Gosling’s character replies, “No, ma’am, I was just hopin’ to take you to bed.” Add to that, Jay-Z’s “Oh My God” looping in towards the end, and you’ve got yourselves a hell of a trailer.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- 5 Things Last Night's SNL Taught Us About Kanye | VH1 Celebrity
- 40 Most Revealing See-Through Outfits In Red Carpet History | VH1 Celebrity
- VIDEO: Benedict Cumberbatch & Zachary Quinto Play F#*k/Marry/Kill Star Trek Style – | VH1 Celebrity
- 20 Celebs Who Dropped out of High School | VH1 Celebrity
- VH1 Celebrity | Celebrity News + Gossip + Best Week Ever + Style + Photos