Having to pay a fine for “failing to use to the sidewalk” has to be the most embarrassing thing Deena Cortese has had to deal with since joining Jersey Shore (Just kidding! Here are photos of her bathing suit falling down). We’re glad Deena won’t face criminal charges after being hauled in for disorderly conduct last month, but there is something deeply funny about having to pay the government money in order to make up for your drunken street dancing. Of course, Deena isn’t the only Jersey devil who’s had a hilariously random interaction with the legal system. Here are our favorite Jersey Shore legal matters that had Snooki & Co. checking out the inside of a courtroom, not to mention breaking a penal code or two…
[Photo: Splash News Online]
- Snooki Arrested For Being Snooki: You might remember Snooki being taken in for disorderly conduct two summers ago. Now she’s with child. Either way, the woman still falling out of her platform sandals almost every day in Seaside Heights. Some things never change.
- The Situation Sues Abercrombie & Fitch: Abercrombie & Fitch jokingly offers to pay The Sitch not to wear their clothes last August, claiming, “We believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans.” The Situation points out to them that they are the ones that printed up shirts with slogans like “The Fitchuation” and “GTL.” And by “points out to,” we mean “sues.”
- Snooki Hits A Cop Car: Of course if Snooki were to rear-end a vehicle in Italy in May 2011, it would be a cop car, and of course she’d be hauled into custody. It almost goes without saying; we just like saying it.
- Ronnie Gets Arrested…For Unpaid Parking Tickets: Ron-Ron had a warrant out for his arrest, but not for throwing all of Sammi’s belongings onto the roof like you’d hoped. No, instead he just…had too many parking tickets. Oh, were the tickets for parking his car on the roof on top of Sammi’s stuff? That would make a whole lot more sense to us.
- The Situation Sues His Own Dad: Last May The Sitch had to file a lawsuit against his dad Frank Sorrentino, who nicknamed himself The Confrontation (you know, like a supervillain might do) and launched a humiliating website about his son. In case you were ever wondering what is wrong with that guy, this lawsuit gives you a pretty good idea.