Can’t Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds just find some peace in the suburbs? It seems the town of Bedford, New York, may not be the answer to these A-list stars’ attempt to live normal, private lives. Since purchasing a $2.3 million home the Westchester town in April, the couple has been apparently treated more like the celebrities they are and less like the Bedford citizens they are trying to be. Not only have they dealt with noisy neighbors and photographers, but Blake and Ryan were allegedly followed by another vehicle. After Reynolds called the police, the pursuer was identified as a photographer. Maybe this couple is being a tad over-dramatic and paranoid about maintaining their privacy, but let’s be honest, it doesn’t really come as a surprise that the people of Bedford would want to get in on this beautiful romance. But in the interest of respecting Blake and Ryan’s wishes, we’d like to propose some more, er, productive ways to spend your time in town:
- If you have a knack for identifying birds, attend Bedford Audobon’s Annual Birdathon!
- Get in touch with nature and join the Bedford Farmers Club!
- Catch up on your reading at Bedford Free Library.
- Start planning for the Historical Society’s treasure hunt on September 8! It’s bound to get pretty competitive!
- Acquire new interior design skills at Bedford’s antiques and design show weekend on October 14!
- In case you want to look like a historian on the beach this summer, get over to The Bedford Store and pick up a “1680” beach towel celebrating the founding of Bedford.
- Forget email — send a letter from Bedford’s historical post office!
- If you’re interested in law, check out Bedford’s Court House! Fun fact: The Court House is the oldest Westchester County Government Building.
- Stalk Martha Stewart!
- Tell time with the historical Sutton Clock Tower. If you stick around, you might see neighbors take turns winding the clock…this sight could be pretty amusing!
- Visit the town’s 300-plus-year-old oak tree!
- Cool off from a day at the pool by seeing Katy Perry: Part of Me or The Amazing Spider-Man at the movie theater!
- Develop some sportsmanship at the Northern Westchester Swim Conference! Maybe one day, if you’re lucky, you’ll get to attend an all-star swim meet. It’s almost as good as the Olympics!
- If you’re still feeling athletic, go to the Bedford Golf & Tennis Club!
[Photos: Splash News Online]