During the Olympics Women’s Gymnastics qualifying round on Sunday night, we were highly amused by Aly Raisman’s enthusiastic parents, but we now turn our attention to the promising gymnast herself in preparation for tonight’s team finals. Aly Raisman of Needham, Massachusetts, stands out as the team captain and eldest member, at 18 years old, of the “Fabulous Five.” Her leadership helped place them at the top of the team rankings for the qualification round, with higher scores than their tough competitors, Russia, China and Romania. Aly’s rock-solid, dazzling performance also allowed her to qualify for individual event finals in uneven bars and floor exercise, along with the opportunity to compete in the all-around finals. While everyone is still reeling from the shock of her knocking reigning world champion Jordyn Wieber out of the all-around competition, we’re going to take a moment to tell you all reasons we love Aly. The girl’s earned some appreciation, don’t you agree?
1. She’s got her teammates’ backs!
She shows her love for the U.S. men’s gymnastics team, tweeting: “I’m so proud of the guys. They represented our country so well. Can’t wait to give them all a huge hug. They have so much to be proud of.”
2. She is photo-happy.
Aly is always smiling in pics and even indulges Ryan Seacrest‘s gymnastic ambitions by happily showing off her splits.
3. Her “Omg I can’t believe I’m in the Olympics” moments are pretty adorable.
Aly humbly tweeted, “Love watching the Olympics on TV. Crazy to think that will be us tomorrow!! So honored and so excited.”
And she Instagram’d the below photo with the caption, “Felt amazing to finally be at the Olympics!”
4. Despite her parents’ embarrassing displays while watching her meets, Aly still shows her appreciation and gives them some lovin’.
5. Not only does she have a tough-girl side, but Aly has mastered some model behaviors.
6. She knows how to accessorize and makes sure to represent the red, white and blue wherever she goes.
7. She is competitive and silly all at the same time!
[Photos: Getty Images, Twitter, Instagram]