There’s nothing more aw-worthy than seeing celebrities from different industries become fans of each other. Justin Bieber tweeted at U.S. Olympic swimmer, Missy Franklin today that he heard that she’s a fan of his. “Now im a fan of hers too. CONGRATS on winning GOLD!” and added the very adorable “#muchlove” tag. We wish we saw more of this celeb interaction! Athletes are glued to their headphones before competition to get pumped up in London and some Olympians have confessed their love for certain artists. What we’d like to see is these artists responding with support for the folks who are seriously earning their celebrity status this summer.
- Ryan Lochte loves Lil Wayne. How much so, you ask? Well, Wayne’s song “Sky’s the Limit” is on Lochte’s pump-up playlist. Not only that but Lochte’s dog’s name is Carter, named after a certain Dwayne Michael Carter, aka rapper Lil Wayne. Oh, yeah, and there are those grills.
- The Dream Team’s LeBron James loves Big K.R.I.T. James said that Big K.R.I.T’s song, “I Got This” “was one of [the Miami Heat’s] theme songs this year.”
- Natasha Hastings, on the U.S. track and field team, loves herself some Nicki Minaj.She has the songs “Moment For Life” and “Beez In The Trap” on her pregame playlist.
- Amanda Furrer of the U.S. shooting team loves her fair share of top 40 artists, but also loves country music. She gets ready for action listening to Brooks and Dunn’s “You Can’t Take the Honky Tonk Out of the Girl.”
- Lolo Jones, a hurdler for Team USA, gave Miley Cyrus a shout out when saying that she is “embarrassed to say” that she has a Hannah Montana song on her work out playlist.
- Carmelo Anthony saidthat “one song I listen to before a game is ‘Ain’t No Love in the City’ by Jay-Z.” Carmelo said he can really relate to the song.
- Michael Phelps listens to electronic dance artists Avicii, Afrojack, and Skrillex because “guys like that give me more of an upbeat tune to get me even more fired up.”
- The U.S. men’s volleyball team gets fired up to Calvin Harris’ “Let’s Go,” and understandably so! They list the song on their team playlist on YouTube as a part of the “Play Your Athletes” section.
- Gymnast Aly Raisman has admitted to having a case of Bieber Fever too. Guess it’s going around in the London. So much love from U.S. athletes to Justin Bieber!
- Beach volleyball queen Misty May-Treanor likes music with rhythm. She said that when she listens to music like this she “can sustain workouts a little longer.” She recently downloaded and is currently rocking out to French EDM pioneer David Guetta.
Your move, musicians. Show some love for those who love you!
[Photos: Getty Images]