Newcomer Missy Franklin has stormed the Olympics with seemingly effortless skill, a permanent smile, and an infinite amount of charm. All told, the 17-year-old will compete in seven events, and she has already swam in 13 races! Franklin kicked off her Olympics career in London by scoring a bronze medal in the 4×100 meter freestyle relay, a gold medal in the 100 meter backstroke (her first individual) and a gold in a 4×200 meter freestyle relay. We’re exhausted just typing all of that out and yet Franklin still has more to swim at the Games, competing in the women’s 200 meter backstroke on Friday. As if all that didn’t make her amazing enough here are 10 reason we really love Missy and want to call her our BFF:
1. She’s a Hunger Games Super Fan
She loves the Hunger Games so much that she read the Hunger Games trilogy… TWICE!
2. She’s A Bieleber
Missy’s a big Justin Bieber fan and after her gold win Justin Bieber tweeted at Missy “heard @FranklinMissy is a fan of mine. Now I’m a fan of hers too. CONGRATS on winning GOLD! #muchlove.”
To which she replied: “I just died! Thankyou!”
3. Her Sick Olympic Nail Art
4. She Retweeted This Pic Of Her And Olympic Hunk Ryan Lochte
5. Her Adorable Moves In The Olympic Swim Team’s “Call Me Maybe” Video
See more awesomeness here!
6. Her Freeze-Frame Dance Moves
7. Her Favorite Movie Is The Sound of Music
8. Her Mom Says She’s “Always Been Smiling“
9. She’s A Huge Fan Of Prince Harry & One Direction
10. Her Friends Call Her “Goober Face”
[Photos: Getty Images]