Relationship twist! After hearing that Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy have been sharing milkshakes, holding hands and/or enjoying picnic lunches since July, we’re kind of stunned to hear that Taylor purchased a house in Hyannis, Massachusetts last week, a house that happens to be extremely close to Conor’s memaw Ethel Kennedy‘s home. “It’s in a beautiful location and right across the street from Conor and the Kennedys,” a relator confirmed to People. “It’s a beautiful home. She got a nice home, paid fair price. The house was on the market for two to four years.” Whoa! On one hand, Taylor is a millionaire and can do whatever the fudge she wants. On the other hand, imagine walking into your grandma’s house and your girlfriend is already there, sipping sun tea and looking at your naked baby pictures. Slightly unnerving, yes?
So that got us thinking: other than the obvious (Taylor is making a play for her 18-year-old boyfriend of a month with a play that is not even in the playbacks yet), there has to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Taylor would drop a chunk of change for a house Conor Kennedy can see while he eats breakfast. Such as:
- Taylor is a millionaire and can do whatever the fudge she wants. Maybe spending time near Cape Cod convinced her she needed a summer home with a built-in grandma?
- The woman loves chowder! Swift’s fervent love of cream-based clam soups could be the reason she shelled out $4.9 million for the seven bedroom, five bathroom…good lord, that’s a lot of bedrooms! Plus we can’t believe we made a “shelled” pun without noticing it!
- Um…Taylor needed some kind of tax shelter for the underground gambling operation she’s running? Okay, that’s not true. And no, we don’t actually know what “tax shelter” means.
- Taylor wants to reenact the “You Belong With Me” video! Is there anything more romantic than buying the house next door so you can send messages to your manfriend through the window? We don’t think so.
- Maybe she just liked the house? Take a look yourself. Is it worth looking a little love-crazed over?
[Photo: Splash News Online]