We’re having fond memories of the Great Expectations version which released back in 1998 with Ethan Hawke and an absolutely breathtaking Gwyneth Paltrow. Remember that one? This latest one, due to release late November this year, feels like its going to blow its 1998 predecessor out of the water. Directed by Mike Newell of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, it stars Helena Bonham Carter as Ms. Havisham and Ralph Fiennes as Magwitch and honestly, after watching this trailer, we don’t really care about the actors playing Pip and Estella’s roles. Carter and Fiennes are just perfectly cast and we pity anyone sharing screen space with those two. Alright, alright, Pip’s played by Jeremy Irvine of War Horse fame. He does a decent job in the trailer but like we said, anyone pales in comparison against those other two English thespians. We’re most concerned with Holliday Grainger who portrays Estella. She didn’t stand out at all for us, but we’re going to give her the benefit of the doubt and wait till we actually watch the film. Perhaps the next trailer will change our minds? Holliday’s had roles in both Jane Eyre and Bel Ami, FYI. We cannot tell you how excited we are about this film, as the book never gets old for us. Newell paints a beautiful picture that seems to be muted and lush at the same time, staying true to a Dickensian atmosphere. Goosebumps, all over. Have a look for yourselves.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Gossip Table: Love + Hip-Hop Sex Tape | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- Sexy Catsuits That Might Be Too Tight For A Fight | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Cele
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity - Pa
- A Guide To Cara Delevingne's History Of Kissing People | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1
- Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity