Some might be surprised that Sylvester Stallone is making the rounds to promote his new movie, The Expendables 2, just a month after son Sage Stallone died of yet-undetermined cause. But the actor spoke on Good Morning America this morning and explained why he was back at work.
“I think it’s important to get back and start reliving your life. Otherwise, you can go into a spiral,” he said, appearing on the show with co-stars Jean-Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham and Dolph Lundgren.
It was his first interview since Sage Stallone, 36, was found dead in his apartment on July 13.
“It’s tough. It’s very tough … it’s a horrible situation,” he told ABC’s Cecilia Vega when asked how he’s doing. “Time, hopefully, will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something. It’s a reality of life.”
While no cause of death has been determined, rumors of drug use spread in the wake of Sage’s passing. His father asked the media and public not to speculate about such things, out of respect for his family. “When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain,” he told TMZ last month. “Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son’s memory and feel compassion for his loving mother, Sasha.”
[Photo: Getty Images]