Wow, these two. If Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy are our new American royalty, Nickelback‘s Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne are the Canadian crown prince and princess respectively. They’re…they’re not actually Canadian royalty, are they? That would be too perfect. In case we didn’t already associate the musical couple with the Great White North, Chad gave an People interview today where he made sure to remind us. “We think it’s very cool that our anniversary will always be on Canada Day,” he gushed. “We can’t wait to start our life together.” It’s like if Beyonce and Jay-Z got engaged on Independence Day! Then raved about it to People! Of course, the fact Avril and Chad wear their patriotism on their black, shredded t-shirt sleeves is only one example of how deeply Canadian this couple is. In case you need a few more…
- Nickelback has raked in a grand total of 12 Juno Awards, the Grammy of Canada. Avril alone has won 8.
- Avril earned a World Music Award for “World’s Bestselling Canadian Singer” in 2007. Equally as impressive, Nickeback has a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- As you may recall, Chad recorded the song Hero for 2002′s Spider-Man with Jeremy Taggart, the drummer from the Canadian band of the ’90s, Our Lady Peace. Avril wrote most of her second album Under My Skin with singer-songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk, who is married to (who else?) lead singer of Our Lady Peace Raine Maida. The only question on our minds is why Chad and Avril’s lovemaking didn’t start ages ago.
- Um, Avril was married to Deryck Whibley of Sum 41, arguably the only man more Canadian than Chad Kroeger. We mean, look at how he spells Deryck!
- While we have absolutely no proof Chad’s infamous former hairstyle was Canadian in origin, it did usually look like it had been styled with maple syrup:
Good luck, you two! It’s obvious you’re crazy aboot each other!
[Photo: Splash News Online]