Kellie Pickler did tweet a heads up yesterday, saying, “It’s been a great life-changing day.” Followed by another message that read, “Be sure to watch “Good Morning America” tomorrow morning (Sept 5th). You won’t want to miss this!!!” So we knew something big was coming up, but what exactly, was anyone’e guess. And what emotional, amazing news it turned out to be, as you can see in the video above! Kellie sent a tape to the show of her shaving off her lovely blond hair, which she did in Nashville the day before GMA aired. No, this wasn’t a random, attention-grabbing segment in any way at all. Kellie did so to show support and empathy for her BFF (ever since they were kids), Summer Miller, was was diagnosed with breast cancer in June and starts her chemotherapy today. 35-year-old Miller’s like a “sister” to the singer, who said she wanted to show solidarity with her, as the treatment involves losing hair — so they’d both go through it together, with two shaved heads as opposed to one. Kellie also wanted to talk about cancer detection, and has stated to ABC News, “Cancer does not discriminate,” with Miller adding, “If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it.” We couldn’t agree more, and we applaud Kellie for having so much love in her heart. And we’re sending Summer heaps of strength and our best wishes.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Kim Kardashian’s Maternity Style Evolution: Kiki, or Heather Locklear on Melrose Place? – | VH1 Cele
- VH1 Celebrity | Celebrity News + Gossip + Best Week Ever + Style + Photos
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | VH1 Celebrity
- The 50 Sexiest Celebrity Nude Magazine Covers Of All Time | VH1 Celebrity
- 40 Most Revealing See-Through Outfits In Red Carpet History | VH1 Celebrity