The more details are released about the death of Sons of Anarchy actor Johnny Lewis and the woman assumed to be his landlady, 81-year-old Katherine Davis, the more shivers we’re getting all day. To recap, Lewis was found dead on the driveway of a house in Los Feliz on Wednesday morning after falling from the roof, and Davis was found killed by blunt force trauma inside her home. A neighbor and a handyman were reportedly badly beaten by Lewis with a blunt object after they arrived at the scene, responding to calls for help from the woman. Here are all the new and disturbing things we’ve learned since then:
- Davis was found on the second floor of her ransacked three level house in a “gruesome scene,” and her cat was found dead nearby, LAPD Commander Andrew Smith said in a press conference.
- Lewis had been released from prison just six days ago, after serving time for battery and burglary incidents in February, per TMZ. Before that he was arrested in January for felony assault with a deadly weapon and ordered to complete “treatment of mental health and/or drugs and alcohol.”
- Oh, and one of those arrests? Occurred after he sucker-punched a guy at a yogurt shop.
- Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter had this to say about the actor, who played Halfsack on the show from 2008-2009, on his Whosay account: “i wish i could say that i was shocked by the events last night, but i was not. i am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. yes, it’s day or mourning, but it’s also a day of awareness and gratitude. sadly, some of us carry the message by dying.”
- But meanwhile, there were a handful of actresses who mourned Lewis on Twitter today. Haylie Duff, whose sister Hilary starred with Lewis in 2004′s Raise Your Voice, wrote, “So sad to hear the news about Johnny Lewis. Such a nice and talented guy. RIP.” To which Jenna Dewan-Tatum replied, “@HaylieK I know, so so sad.”
- And Raising Hope star Shannon Woodward tweeted, “Johnny Lewis, I love you deeply and madly and always. My heart is broken in a million little pieces. I will miss you every day.”
- That doesn’t sound like the same guy who attacked neighbor Dan Blackburn and his painter. Another neighbor who arrived later told Celebuzz that Blackburn was bloody and had a black eye. “[Blackburn] said he hired a painter who was painting his front deck on a ladder and was attacked out of nowhere. No one knew where [Lewis] came from. He just started punching Dan and the painter.”
We can’t even begin to imagine what happened here, but it is certainly the stuff of nightmares.
[Photo: Getty Images]