C’mon, Chanel, why you gotta play us like that? Almost five months ago to the day, Chanel released the news that Brad Pitt was going to be starring in their forthcoming campaign for the classic, cult 91-year-old perfume, Chanel No. 5. We couldn’t believe it because this is a women’s perfume, and it really is a pretty forward-thinking decision to have an actor take the helm to shill the fragrance. But the statement said it all, reading, “Chanel has selected world renowned actor Brad Pitt to be the face of the upcoming advertising campaign for Chanel No. 5.” Cue brain exploding. And then it got better. A couple of days ago, WWD informed us that the commercial and print ads were finally going to be unveiled mid-month. We’re almost at the middle of the month! The moment had arrived. The commercial has been shot by director Joe Wright, who also shot this incredibly sexy short film starring Keira Knightley for Chanel. Andrea d’Avack, the president of Chanel Fragrance & Beauty revealed that, “this dynamic, modern campaign will make people think in a completely different way about No.5.” Of the actual campaign, he said, “It is the first time we’ve had a man speaking about a women’s fragrance. We think very much that the perfume is a seduction between a man, a woman and the perfume …” We know Brad can do seduction supremely well, so we got even more charged up. And THEN, Chanel released a teaser video yesterday, which we clicked on and watched in breathless anticipation. Only to have our bubble burst rudely. Call this a teaser, Chanel? You can’t see his face. It’s seven seconds long. And all it has is Brad’s (gravelly, sexy) voice saying, “Are you going somewhere? Where?” That’s it. That’s all we get. Which is nothing. We’re calling it — lame, lame, LAME.
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Leaping Leotards! The Complete Photographic History Of The “Almost Vagina” | Celebrity Gossip + Ente
- A Complete Index Of Celebrity Sex Tapes | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity - Pa
- Who Rocked 2013's Best Wedding And Engagement Bling? | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 C
- Top 10 Serial Athlete Dating Celebrities | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity
- Who Is The Most Fascinating Person Of 2013? | Celebrity Gossip + Entertainment News | VH1 Celebrity