Beyonce confirmed late last night that she would no longer be starring in the Clint Eastwood-helmed remake of A Star Is Born. “I was looking forward to the production of A Star Is Born and the opportunity to work with Clint Eastwood,” she said a statement to E! News. “For months we tried to coordinate our schedules to bring this remake to life but it was just not possible. Hopefully in the future we will get a chance to work together.”
Back when Beyonce announced her pregnancy in 2011, Warner Bros. reportedly had to scrap plans to shoot the movie in February 2012. Now we’re wondering what turned the delay into a permanent cancellation of their collaboration. Here are a few wild guesses:
- Obama pal Bey didn’t feel comfortable working with Romney supporter Clint. Plus his RNC chair performance made her worry about his sanity.
- She heard Bradley Cooper wasn’t going to be in it after all, and is secretly crushing on him, like the rest of the world.
- Beyonce is in fact pregnant again, despite Jay-Z’s denials.
- Eastwood thinks 31-year-old B will be a little too old to play an ingenue by the time they finally make this thing. He’s supposedly interested in 27-year-old Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding now.
- B realized that A Star Is Born is not, in fact, an adaptation of a Neil deGrasse Tyson book as she had hoped. Nor will it be performed in Japanese. She needs something a little more challenging than a simple Hollywood remake!
Why do you think she dropped out of the role?
[Photo: Getty Images]