As someone who had to stop watching The Walking Dead because I was having weekly zombie nightmares, I have no idea how I managed to last through an entire season of American Horror Story. Every time the credits would roll and I’d see those awful baby faces, my stomach would churn. And yet I lasted right down to the bitter, bloddy end, and tonight I am back for more. The second season is a complete departure from the first, which is weird but also…cool? It’s titled “Asylum,” which should tell you everything you need to know about the setting and all the horrifying things we’re about to bear witness too. Just in case you need ‘em, we’ve got five other reasons to tune in tonight (just be sure to have a blanket to hide under when things get creepy).
1. Jessica Lange plays a nun. A crazy, ranting nun with a Boston-ish accent — aka something just about every kid who grew up in Massachusetts has experienced firsthand.
2. Evan Peters is back as Tate and still killing people, which is how we like our Evan Peters. The only way I’d like him more is if his character somehow gets together with the Asylum version of Taissa Farmiga‘s Violet. Sure they were a doomed couple, but I’m holding out for their HEA anyway.
3. There is a serial killer named Bloody Face, which is the most obvious and cliched name for a serial killer, but also the most awesome and terrifying.
4. Dylan McDermott is set to return this season, per a tweet from Ryan Murphy today. If Murphy knows what he’s doing, this should most definitely mean a return of Dylan’s bare butt checks too.
5. “Adam Levine‘s on a payphoneee trying to call home, as a serial killer tries to murder him with an ax.” Yes, the Maroon Five lead singer is a star on AHS this season, alongside Jenna Dewan, Chloe Sevigny and Mark Consuelos. Even better — Zachary Quinto and his furrowed brow is back on the show, too.
[Photo: 20th Century Fox]