On-again couple Katy Perry and John Mayer were spotted out and about in New York yesterday having lunch and dinner to celebrate Mayer’s 35th birthday. It seems like a happy enough occasion, and it was an absolutely gorgeous fall day in the city. So why were the pop and rock stars frowning in every single picture taken of them?
- John’s feeling over the hill at 35. (I get that; I’m turning 35 this month too.)
- His attempt to feel younger by pairing that jaunty bow-tie with a denim jacket — a style that looks cute on 20-something prepsters — kinda backfired.
- Katy read our list of John’s 10 most insane quotes yesterday. She had somehow previously sheltered herself from his foot-in-mouth disease. Then they got into a fight about how at least Russell Brand is funny when he offends people.
- The paparazzi said something mean about the bow tie.
- Katy stepped in this gross fast food container on the street.
[Photos: Splash News Online]