We guess there are two aspects of Fergie and Josh Duhamel‘s recent “opening up” (if you will) that we don’t get. Both the Black Eyed Peas singer and her life partner have acknowledged the skeezy stripper cheating scandal that rocked their relationship back in 2009. “When you go through difficult times it really makes you stronger as a unit. As a partnership. It does for us anyways. Our love today is a deeper love,” Fergie told Oprah for an Oprah’s Next Chapter interview that aired Sunday. “I’m actually happy that all that happened, because we wouldn’t be as strong as we are now,” Duhamel added. Okay, sure, but… here’s what we don’t understand:
- Are neither of them ever going to admit that Josh actually cheated with a stripper?
- Did Josh actually not cheat, and now both he and Fergie are just referring to dealing with the media onslaught that surrounds a celeb cheating scandal? Fergie did call the rumor “nonsense” when it cropped up three years ago.
- If they were only talking about the difficulties of living in the spotlight during a scandal, wouldn’t they just keep denying the infidelity rumors outright?
- So it seems like Josh did have the alleged affair.
- But if Josh had the affair, why aren’t they saying that with their words?
- In fact, why would either of them talk about the scandal at all if they weren’t going to cop to the truth?
- Are we missing something here?
- We feel like we’re taking crazy pills!
Alright, so the last one isn’t exactly a question so much as an exclamation of our deepest confusion. What do you think? Is this the only way for celeb couples to survive a cheating scandal: by creating mass confusion and doubt? Either way we think we just argued ourselves into not caring…which might have been their plan all along!