Barack Obama wasn’t the only winner of yesterday’s election day — and we’re not just talking about all those congresspeople and local officials who were elected. People were as glued to their laptops as they were to the TV, naturally, and their comments and retweets voted a number of other people, memes and causes into our hearts. Here are 10 more of the night’s victors:
2. Diane Sawyer, whose loopy behavior and slurred speech was immediately a trending topic on Twitter, making many a CNN loyalist switch over to ABC. Hey, we were all drowning our nerves in alcohol, so we could totally identify.
3. Flag hair lady, whose appearance behind Obama during his victory speech was hilariously distracting and meme-worthy. Patriotism comes in all sorts of forms!
4. Every designer Michelle Obama loves, and all the fashion bloggers who love to follow her. They even praised the fact that the Michael Kors dress she wore last night was one she’d worn before. Also, look out for Malia and Sasha!
6. Big Bird, who was also largely credited with Obama’s victory on Twitter. Not that he’s one to gloat.
8 and 9. Marriage equality supporters and potheads, who celebrated a round of legislative victories in tweets that encompassed both issues. Same-sex marriage was legalized in Maine and Maryland, a ban on it was voted down in Minnesota, and votes are still being counted for it in Washington. Washington and Colorado voted to legalize recreational marijuana use.
10. Joe Biden, who might actually appear happier than his running mate, which makes sense since his job in the next four years is a bit easier than the president’s.