Were we completely shocked by Friday’s stories of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez breaking up? No. Were we feeling melancholy about the whole thing? A little. So, are rumors of their quick reunion lifting our spirits on this Monday morning? Of course! Nothing is coming from a super-reliable source, mind you, but we will grasp at the rumors that following a breakup that supposedly happened over a week ago, these two pop cuties may be working things out. Here’s everything we’ve heard so far:
- Justin’s in NYC for a show tonight, and Selena was in the suburbs to promote her Kmart line over the weekend, so according to the Daily Mail, the two have “tentative plans” to meet up tonight.
- On Saturday night, Justin made the link to that other destroyed pop supercouple, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, that all of us were afraid to mention. He sang “Cry Me a River,” JT’s breakup ode to Brit, in concert in Boston. His heartfelt delivery makes it seem like he’s not exactly happy with whatever is going on in his love life.
- That gorgeous Victoria’s Secret model, 19-year-old Barbara Palvin, who went to The Lion King with Biebs after the VS fashion show last week, is distancing herself from this whole situation. “last time im saying it. please calm down.there is nothing going on w him.i met him and did a pic w him. wouldnt u do the same?:) #friendship,” she tweeted over the weekend. The scandalous pic in question:
- “I don’t know what’s going on in my life,” Bieber told radio show Open House Party on Saturday. “To even assess that doesn’t make sense ’cause I have not made any comment.” That could be interpreted any way you like.
- We’ve seen other stars patch up breakups blamed on hectic schedules recently — like Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney, for instance — so we haven’t lost hope for these two.
What do you think? Should they get back together, or is it time for them to go a little crazy, like the young beautiful people they are? Sound off below.
[Photos: Getty Images, Splash News Online, Twitter]