Gabriel Aubry broke even yesterday when it came to legal wrangling in the aftermath of his Thanksgiving Day altercation with Halle Berry’s fiance, Olivier Martinez. First, the court refused to lift a prohibition on him getting within 100 yards of his and Berry’s daughter, Nahla, according to TMZ. But at the same time, law enforcement sources said he probably won’t be prosecuted for battery, since it was a case of “mutual combat.”
While all this is going on, we took a step back to review some interesting things about Halle’s current and former men, things that are sorta relevant to this situation:
1. Martinez, the son of a professional boxer, told Ocean Drive magazine last month that when he was considering taking up the sport himself, ” I a good left hook — but keep that a secret.”
2. Last year, the Telegraph named Aubry one of the top 10 earning male models in the industry. Despite his nice income, Berry was reportedly ordered to give him $20,000 a month in child support.
3. Aubry’s a French Canadian from Quebec, so if he decided to follow Berry and Martinez to France, he’d do just fine, language-wise.
4. Berry’s stated reason for wanting to take Nahla to France is because of the country’s stricter paparazzi laws. Ironic, considering how much paparazzi attention this battle has caused.
5. One of Martinez’s recent movie roles, in Blood and Chocolate, was as a werewolf pack leader named Gabriel. For some reason, we find this important.
[Photos: Splash News Online]