Just when we had imagined Kate Middleton couldn’t feel worse, between the constantly vomiting and the tragic suicide of the nurse pranked by those Australian DJs attempting to contact Middleton, Morrissey steps in to rake her over the coals. Yes, the singer Morrissey. Why? Aw, it’s sweet you still think these things have to have a why. “It wasn’t because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life — it was the pressure around her,” the singer told New Zealand’s 3News, declaring that Kate “feels no shame about the death of this woman. She’s saying nothing about the death of this poor woman. The arrogance of the British royals is absolutely staggering.” Whaaaaaa?
If that wasn’t harsh enough, Moz also accused Kate of having an eating disorder. “Does she have a health condition?” he mused. “Is it anorexia or is it pregnancy? I mean, morning sickness already? So much hoo haw and then suddenly as bright as a button as soon as this poor woman dies she’s out of hospital? It doesn’t ring true.” While we’ll see if we can dig up some more info on the MEDICAL DEGREE Morrissey must have obtained recently, we gather five of the most off-the-wall feuds Moz has gotten into in recent history. It ain’t like this is a new thing.
- Robert Smith: When asked about other famous Smiths besides his band The Smiths, Morrissey declared, “I’d line them all up, and I’d shoot them all.” The Cure‘s Robert Smith later was quoted as saying, “If Morrissey says don’t eat meat, then I’ll eat meat, because I hate Morrissey.” We didn’t say all these feuds made sense, did we?
- Band-Aid: Of the charity mash-up organization, Morrissey allegedly said, “One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it’s another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of England.” Okay…that’s pretty solid.
- The Olympics: This summer the singer told fans he found himself “unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism?’” Wow, even the uneven bars?
- All Chinese people: “You can’t help but feel the Chinese are a sub-species,” Moz told Simon Armitage for The Guardian in 2010 when discussing a report on animal abuse in China. Woof.
- Madonna: When criticizing Madge mid-concert July 2007 for wearing fur, Morrissey declared, “I wouldn’t be surprised if she made that African boy she adopted into a coat and wore him for 15 minutes, then threw it away.” Lord.
So don’t worry, Kate! It’s not just you! It was bound to happen at some point!
[Photo: Getty Images]